Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I was a little bored this weekend...

...so I made some hats.
Photos by the awesome Shannon Okey in her backyard. She was taking pictures of some new sock designs, and the wildlife kept joining us - in one shot there is a fly sitting on my foot (while I was holding my foot in midair!) and in another, her dachshund Anezka decided to run quality control. Don't mind the face on the second one, I'm staring into the sun and trying not to squint. These are the ones that I finished; there is one that I started out of scraps but ran out of yarn 2/3 of the way through, and a fair-isle one that I charted and started but am only a few inches into. And a bunch of swatches. And probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting. Both hat patterns are my own. Hat #1 is made out of Artful Yarns Reality, a wool/acrylic blend (discontinued and therefore cheap!) that was very nice to work with; hat #2 is made out of hand-spun wool and silk.

This coming weekend should be more interesting, though... tomorrow Jo is coming to town (with a U-Haul trailer on her Mazda Protege!) to get the couch she bought from an awesome local vintage store. It's a kelly-green velvet tufted sofa that I'd guess is from the 60's. She is then heading back to Michigan, to take both the couch and a bunch of her other stuff back home from Pittsburgh. On Friday, The Boy shows up for the weekend - we haven't seen each other since the end of May! We're going to hit the West Side Market so we can make some yummy food, go see the orchestra, and all kinds of other fun stuff. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home