Thursday, August 27, 2009

Meet the Stowaway

















I've been on the road for three months now, but I haven't been alone. Meet Gulli, my stowaway. I'm not sure if I picked him up in North Carolina or before, but he's been traveling with me at least since early July. He tends to lay low during the day, but every morning when I get in my car the web is there; sometimes it gets ripped off by the wind as I drive, but it's always fixed by the next morning. The little guy is gutsy - He's only ever ventured out on the web once while I was on the road; I was on the highway, looked over, and there he was, hanging on for dear life. When I finally got off the highway, he hightailed it back behind the mirror, and hasn't tried that trick again. Sometimes I wish I could warn him that I'm going on a trip and he'd better hide (or find a new home) so that he doesn't get blown off at 65 mph. However, he did manage to survive the trip to my grandma's a few weekends back, so maybe he's smarter than I give him credit for.

Anyhow, Gulli and I are headed back to Michigan tomorrow. My summer adventure is pretty much done, and I am very much looking forward to being home and sleeping in my own bed. I hope Gulli is all packed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home