Thursday, September 03, 2009

So much for summer vacation...

I can't believe that summer is almost over. I think that since I wasn't home at all, and didn't have any vacation time, it feels like summer never really happened. Well, it did, and I even got to enjoy some of it outside; this picture was taken at Edgewater Park in Cleveland, a mile or two from my apartment there. I loved being so close to the lake, and I wish that the weather had been nicer on more of my free weekends, but I enjoyed it while I could. I spend most of my (far too limited) beach time at Lake Michigan these days, and was really struck by how much warmer Lake Erie is than Lake Michigan! Kind of like a gigantic wading pool.

I can't believe that school starts up again on Tuesday. I'm actually not looking forward to it; all of my classes this semester are gen eds and/or boring in general; I'm not taking a single design or fashion-related class. Yay - a boring packed semester.

I've spent the entire week taking care of all the mundane crap that piles up when you are gone for 3 months; and to top it off, I had no internet until yesterday afternoon. I haven't even finished unpacking. Not to mention the gigantic final project and notebook for my summer internship that is due maybe tomorrow(?!?) that I haven't been able to get excited about. I did the actual project, it was on Shannon's online Knitgrrl Studio Store, but writing the paper and making the presentation board (what, are we in middle school now?) just haven't really...ahem...appealed to me. You know, the yard needed tons of work, I'm still sweeping up piles of dog hair, I thought it would be fun to make cheese...you know, the usual. So, what am I doing tonight, instead of homework? Making fudge. And, you know, writing a blog post. Right. Off I go.
P.S. I just realized that I had left my camera in the car and went to get it, and who should I see...

Gulli. Yup, my spider buddy survived the trip home with me. He really is a well-traveled spider. He's kind of cool-looking, too.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Hey! how did the cheesemaking go? I did yogurt but no hard cheese yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home